Tuesday 19 February 2013

Special Effects Makeup

Helloo there!

I am a massive special effects fan, I love creating gory zombie makeup looks or just your average scary face-paint  This has been a hobbie for mine for about 3 years now and each year I feel I'm progressing more in makeup. If your into special effects like me then here is a few looks I have done last year :)











For Halloween I bought fabric zips from eBay, I then used them on the face to create a zipped look. Using only liquid latex, fake blood, tissue, face paints and a few old makeup & nail art brushes, This look took 40 minutes to do and its a quick easy look for Halloween, even one of my favorites!!

To create most of the zombie looks, I use basic products such as tissue paper and liquid latex, This will give the effect of extra skin, then I use eye shadows and face paints to create contouring and shape to the face.
You can create much more looks if you have the right products, I have recently been getting into sculpting by using a face mold, water base clay and sculpting tools. I hope this year I can build up the confidence to create much bigger looks and even begin making my own prosthetic's. 

These are easy to create by just finding household things, I hope to have more to show this year with much needed practice! what do you think?

Thanks for reading :) 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the zip one! :) Good luck with developing your looks :)

    Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! these are amazing!

    x

    http://kitsch-kouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete